Tourism NI Performance 2022/23
Tourism NI have published their performance report for 2022/23. We have pulled out some of the key points and you can read the report HERE.
During 2022/2023 Tourism NI received additional funding of £11.5M from the Dept of the Economy to support the ongoing recovery of the sector. This was focused on the development of new visitor experiences and enhanced business resilience, and additional marketing campaigns in RoI and NI.
2022/23 ended positively with industry performance indicators suggesting that recovery was well underway with some industry sectors performing exceptionally well.
- Marketing campaigns in NI and RoI generated £189.5 million in direct attributable revenue. RoI spend increased by 64% from 2019.
- TNI in partnership with Tourism Ireland facilitated 424 international media visits, generating €51 million positive publicity in overseas markets.
- Post the ‘Meet the Buyer Workshop’, 61% of 150 international operators confirmed they will definitely do business in Northern Ireland.
- Through the Conference Support Fund, TNI supported Visit Belfast to deliver 99 events during 22/23 with an economic impact of over £39m.
- Over £932k was provided to 32 events under two schemes: the International Tourism Events Fund, and the National Tourism Events Sponsorship Scheme resulting in an economic impact of £44.5 million.
- 600 businesses participated in the Tourism Enterprise Development programmes with 18 new and enhanced visitor facilities supported through the Experience Development Programme.
- Phase 1 of the ‘Make It Here’ careers campaign, to encourage people to consider careers in tourism, was successfully launched. Phase 2 of the campaign is about to start.